Sons of Ivy
Khalil Green to the Cards - Printable Version

+- Sons of Ivy (https://sonsofivy.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Chicago Cubs (https://sonsofivy.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: The Friendly Confines (https://sonsofivy.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Khalil Green to the Cards (/thread-8360.html)

Khalil Green to the Cards - Butcher - 12-04-2008

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->The San Diego Padres have agreed to trade shortstop Khalil Greene to the St. Louis Cardinals for two players, according to media reports in both cities.

The Cardinals have yet to confirm the deal, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

Greene hit 27 home runs and 44 doubles in 2007, but had a miserable 2008. He batted .213 with 10 home runs and 100 strikeouts last season and missed the last two months when he broke his hand punching a dugout tunnel storage chest out of frustration.

The San Diego Union-Tribune reported that the Padres are likely to get pitching in return for Greene, as well as shed his $6.5 million salary. The Post-Dispatch reported that the Cardinals were likely to send at least one righthanded reliever to the Padres as part of the deal.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

ESPN link

Khalil Green to the Cards - rok - 12-04-2008

Anyone else expect him to become pretty good for the Cards now? I'm not predicting an MVP type season, but I could see him hitting 20-25 HR and batting in the .250-.270 range with a low .300 OBP. Not great, but a whole lot better than Little Cesar.

Khalil Green to the Cards - Coldneck - 12-04-2008

<!--quoteo(post=1214:date=Dec 4 2008, 10:07 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Dec 4 2008, 10:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Anyone else expect him to become pretty good for the Cards now? I'm not predicting an MVP type season, but I could see him hitting 20-25 HR and batting in the .250-.270 range with a low .300 OBP. Not great, but a whole lot better than Little Cesar.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I totally could see that. Especially since he's getting away from Petco and going to a place that people care about baseball. It would surprise me at all if his numbers are even a little better than what you posted.

Khalil Green to the Cards - coolpoppa - 12-04-2008

He's just the kind of player that excels when joining the Cards.

Loads of potential, not yet realized....goes to St Louis... hits .300

Ugh

<!--quoteo(post=1238:date=Dec 4 2008, 10:53 AM:name=coolpoppa)-->QUOTE (coolpoppa @ Dec 4 2008, 10:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->He's just the kind of player that excels when joining the Cards.

Loads of potential, not yet realized....goes to St Louis... hits .300

Ugh<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I don't think there's any chance he hits .300, but he can still be a productive hitter in other areas. I'm not that worried about him, but if he does have a career year it will simply piss me off because the Cards always seem to have luck turning shit into gold.

Khalil Green to the Cards - HTC - 12-04-2008

Is he really any better than Alex Gonzalez was for us?

<!--quoteo(post=1285:date=Dec 4 2008, 04:24 PM:name=HTC)-->QUOTE (HTC @ Dec 4 2008, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Is he really any better than Alex Gonzalez was for us?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
He's his hippie clone.

Khalil Green to the Cards - chemikel - 12-05-2008

I'm hoping Ronny Cedeno is the Padres starting SS in 2009.