Sons of Ivy
Ben Teets - Printable Version

+- Sons of Ivy (https://sonsofivy.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Chicago Cubs (https://sonsofivy.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: The Friendly Confines (https://sonsofivy.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Ben Teets (/thread-8301.html)

Pages: 1 2

Ben Teets - Clapp - 12-09-2008

Also, where it was figured where he'd end up.

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->LAS VEGAS - While most of the attention in the Yankees' universe is focused on CC Sabathia, the Bombers are preparing to make an offer to another free agent pitcher from Milwaukee in the next 72 hours.
<b>
According to a source, the Yankees will offer Ben Sheets a multiyear deal - most likely for two years in the $30 million range - before the winter meetings conclude on Thursday.</b>

Sheets, a 30-year-old righthander who was one of the heroes of Team USA in the 2000 Olympics, declined arbitration this weekend, so he'll cost the team that signs him a first-round pick in next year's draft.

Sheets earned $11 million last year, going 13-9 with a 3.09 ERA in the final season of his four-year, $38.5 million contract. He is 86-83 with a 3.73 ERA in eight seasons, all with the Brewers, but has only made 30-plus starts in four of those seasons due to injuries.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

What a waste of money.

Ben Teets - Destined - 12-09-2008

So reminiscent of that great Clemens deal of '07.
Atta boy Hal & Hank! Way to go after 6 wins.

Ben Teets - Giff - 12-09-2008

I can't wait for that pussy mother fucker to crumble under the pressure of New York.

Ben Teets - Clapp - 12-09-2008

<!--quoteo(post=2695:date=Dec 9 2008, 02:47 AM:name=Giff)-->QUOTE (Giff @ Dec 9 2008, 02:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I can't wait for that pussy mother fucker to crumble under the pressure of New York.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/spit.gif[/img]

Ben Teets - Destined - 12-09-2008

<!--quoteo(post=2695:date=Dec 8 2008, 11:47 PM:name=Giff)-->QUOTE (Giff @ Dec 8 2008, 11:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I can't wait for that pussy mother fucker to crumble under the pressure of New York.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Ben Teets - Auz - 12-09-2008

Good and hopefully CC with him

Ben Teets - Butcher - 12-10-2008

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Ben Teets<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Ben Teets - kbwsb - 12-10-2008

How is Sheets different from AJ Burnett? They're almost the same guy...great talent, Prior-like injury history. (someone just made this comparison in an article awhile ago, and it made sense).

I can't imagine why Burnett is likely to get twice as much money.

But as long as they don't sign with one of our rivals, fine. And if the Yankees do sign both Sheets AND CC, hoo-boy will you hear Milwaukeeans screaming about the unfairness of the salary structure. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Ben Teets - Rappster - 12-10-2008

<!--quoteo(post=3282:date=Dec 10 2008, 09:12 AM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Dec 10 2008, 09:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->How is Sheets different from AJ Burnett? They're almost the same guy...great talent, Prior-like injury history. (someone just made this comparison in an article awhile ago, and it made sense).

But as long as they don't sign with one of our rivals, fine. And if the Yankees do sign both Sheets AND CC, hoo-boy will you hear Milwaukeeans screaming about the unfairness of the salary structure. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I still think Sheets is going to be a great signing for someone.

<!--quoteo(post=3284:date=Dec 10 2008, 09:16 AM:name=Rappster)-->QUOTE (Rappster @ Dec 10 2008, 09:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=3282:date=Dec 10 2008, 09:12 AM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Dec 10 2008, 09:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->How is Sheets different from AJ Burnett? They're almost the same guy...great talent, Prior-like injury history. (someone just made this comparison in an article awhile ago, and it made sense).

But as long as they don't sign with one of our rivals, fine. And if the Yankees do sign both Sheets AND CC, hoo-boy will you hear Milwaukeeans screaming about the unfairness of the salary structure. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Sheets has a gigantic vag.

Ben Teets - rok - 12-10-2008

Burnett has actually won more than 13 games before and started 30 games a few times.

Ben Teets - Rappster - 12-10-2008

<!--quoteo(post=3302:date=Dec 10 2008, 09:45 AM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Dec 10 2008, 09:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=3284:date=Dec 10 2008, 09:16 AM:name=Rappster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rappster @ Dec 10 2008, 09:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=3282:date=Dec 10 2008, 09:12 AM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Dec 10 2008, 09:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->How is Sheets different from AJ Burnett? They're almost the same guy...great talent, Prior-like injury history. (someone just made this comparison in an article awhile ago, and it made sense).

Sheets has a gigantic vag.

So does your face. Shut up.

Ben Teets - coolpoppa - 12-10-2008

I'm with Rapptastic. Sheets is going to be a good signing for someone. He's got great stuff.... is his a vag? Well, yeah... but so is Harden and no one is crying about having him.

<!--quoteo(post=3316:date=Dec 10 2008, 10:14 AM:name=coolpoppa)-->QUOTE (coolpoppa @ Dec 10 2008, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm with Rapptastic. Sheets is going to be a good signing for someone. He's got great stuff.... is his a vag? Well, yeah... but so is Harden and no one is crying about having him.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
They're both fragile, but Sheets shut himself down late in the year in '07 and '08 for bullshit (IMO) injuries. He crumpled under the pressure of the playoff push. Now -- maybe the injuries were legit, but I have my doubts.

Ben Teets - Giff - 12-10-2008

<!--quoteo(post=3318:date=Dec 10 2008, 10:19 AM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Dec 10 2008, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=3316:date=Dec 10 2008, 10:14 AM:name=coolpoppa)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (coolpoppa @ Dec 10 2008, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm with Rapptastic. Sheets is going to be a good signing for someone. He's got great stuff.... is his a vag? Well, yeah... but so is Harden and no one is crying about having him.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
They're both fragile, but Sheets shut himself down late in the year in '07 and '08 for bullshit (IMO) injuries. He crumpled under the pressure of the playoff push. Now -- maybe the injuries were legit, but I have my doubts.
He took himself out in the third inning of the biggest start of his life against the Cubs this year. The man can't step up when it matters.