Sons of Ivy
So I started a "serious" Cubs blog - Printable Version

+- Sons of Ivy (https://sonsofivy.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Chicago Cubs (https://sonsofivy.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: The Friendly Confines (https://sonsofivy.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: So I started a "serious" Cubs blog (/thread-8117.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

So I started a "serious" Cubs blog - Ace - 01-01-2009

Not that anyone cares, but I'm trying my hand at a "serious" Cubs blog. I may not ultimately have the time to keep up with it, and it might suck anyway. But what the hell. It should be fun, if nothing else. I'm not sure exactly what kinds of things I'll be doing, so it could be kind of muddled for a while, and I'm still tweaking it.

I'd love feedback on the site and that kind of shit if anyone cares to share. Check it out if you get bored.

Bleacher Nation

So I started a "serious" Cubs blog - dk123 - 01-01-2009

<!--quoteo(post=8164:date=Jan 1 2009, 03:45 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Jan 1 2009, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Not that anyone cares, but I'm trying my hand at a "serious" Cubs blog. I may not ultimately have the time to keep up with it, and it might suck anyway. But what the hell. It should be fun, if nothing else. I'm not sure exactly what kinds of things I'll be doing, so it could be kind of muddled for a while, and I'm still tweaking it.

I'd love feedback on the site and that kind of shit if anyone cares to share. Check it out if you want to get bored.

Bleacher Nation<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Fixed!

Happy New Year Acey-Poo.

So I started a &quot;serious&quot; Cubs blog - Clapp - 01-01-2009

Awesome. Linked ya, Dugg, and Stumbled.

So I started a &quot;serious&quot; Cubs blog - Mikey - 01-01-2009

<!--quoteo(post=8171:date=Jan 1 2009, 04:05 PM:name=dk123)-->QUOTE (dk123 @ Jan 1 2009, 04:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=8164:date=Jan 1 2009, 03:45 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Jan 1 2009, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Not that anyone cares, but I'm trying my hand at a "serious" Cubs blog. I may not ultimately have the time to keep up with it, and it might suck anyway. But what the hell. It should be fun, if nothing else. I'm not sure exactly what kinds of things I'll be doing, so it could be kind of muddled for a while, and I'm still tweaking it.

I'd love feedback on the site and that kind of shit if anyone cares to share. Check it out if you want to get bored.

Fixed!

Happy New Year Acey-Poo.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

UMM...What did you "fix"?

So I started a &quot;serious&quot; Cubs blog - dk123 - 01-01-2009

<!--quoteo(post=8173:date=Jan 1 2009, 04:07 PM:name=Mikey)-->QUOTE (Mikey @ Jan 1 2009, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=8171:date=Jan 1 2009, 04:05 PM:name=dk123)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dk123 @ Jan 1 2009, 04:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=8164:date=Jan 1 2009, 03:45 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Jan 1 2009, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Not that anyone cares, but I'm trying my hand at a "serious" Cubs blog. I may not ultimately have the time to keep up with it, and it might suck anyway. But what the hell. It should be fun, if nothing else. I'm not sure exactly what kinds of things I'll be doing, so it could be kind of muddled for a while, and I'm still tweaking it.

Fixed!

Happy New Year Acey-Poo.

UMM...What did you "fix"?

Ace's sperm tubes?

So I started a &quot;serious&quot; Cubs blog - kbwsb - 01-01-2009

<!--quoteo(post=8164:date=Jan 1 2009, 03:45 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Jan 1 2009, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--coloro:#FF00FF--><!--/coloro-->Not that anyone cares<!--colorc-->
<!--/colorc-->, but I'm <!--coloro:#FF00FF--><!--/coloro-->trying<!--colorc-->
<!--/colorc--> my hand at a "serious" Cubs blog. <!--coloro:#FF00FF--><!--/coloro-->I may not<!--colorc-->
<!--/colorc--> ultimately have the time to <!--coloro:#FF00FF--><!--/coloro-->keep up with i<!--colorc-->
<!--/colorc-->t, and <!--coloro:#FF00FF--><!--/coloro-->it might suck<!--colorc-->
<!--/colorc--> anyway. <!--coloro:#FF00FF--><!--/coloro-->But what the hell<!--colorc-->
<!--/colorc-->. It should be fun, if nothing else. <!--coloro:#FF00FF--><!--/coloro-->I'm not sure<!--colorc-->
<!--/colorc--> exactly what kinds of things I'll be doing, so it could be <!--coloro:#FF00FF--><!--/coloro-->kind of muddled<!--colorc-->
<!--/colorc--> for a while, and I'm still tweaking it.

I'd love feedback on the site and that kind of shit <!--coloro:#FF00FF--><!--/coloro-->if anyone cares<!--colorc-->
<!--/colorc--> to share.
<!--coloro:#FF00FF--><!--/coloro-->Check it out if you get bored.<!--colorc-->
<!--/colorc-->

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
That may be the most gun-shy, self-deprecating invite of all-time.

So I started a &quot;serious&quot; Cubs blog - Ace - 01-01-2009

<!--quoteo(post=8175:date=Jan 1 2009, 05:24 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Jan 1 2009, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=8164:date=Jan 1 2009, 03:45 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Jan 1 2009, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--coloro:#ff00ff--><!--/coloro-->Not that anyone cares<!--colorc-->
<!--/colorc-->, but I'm <!--coloro:#ff00ff--><!--/coloro-->trying<!--colorc-->
<!--/colorc--> my hand at a "serious" Cubs blog. <!--coloro:#ff00ff--><!--/coloro-->I may not<!--colorc-->
<!--/colorc--> ultimately have the time to <!--coloro:#ff00ff--><!--/coloro-->keep up with i<!--colorc-->
<!--/colorc-->t, and <!--coloro:#ff00ff--><!--/coloro-->it might suck<!--colorc-->
<!--/colorc--> anyway. <!--coloro:#ff00ff--><!--/coloro-->But what the hell<!--colorc-->
<!--/colorc-->. It should be fun, if nothing else. <!--coloro:#ff00ff--><!--/coloro-->I'm not sure<!--colorc-->
<!--/colorc--> exactly what kinds of things I'll be doing, so it could be <!--coloro:#ff00ff--><!--/coloro-->kind of muddled<!--colorc-->
<!--/colorc--> for a while, and I'm still tweaking it.

I'd love feedback on the site and that kind of shit <!--coloro:#ff00ff--><!--/coloro-->if anyone cares<!--colorc-->
<!--/colorc--> to share.
<!--coloro:#ff00ff--><!--/coloro-->Check it out if you get bored.<!--colorc-->
<!--/colorc-->

That may be the most gun-shy, self-deprecating invite of all-time.

<!--quoteo(post=8172:date=Jan 1 2009, 05:07 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Jan 1 2009, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Awesome. Linked ya, Dugg, and Stumbled.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thanks man. I definitely plan on spotlighting the Thigh from time to time.

So I started a &quot;serious&quot; Cubs blog - Brock - 01-01-2009

<!--quoteo(post=8172:date=Jan 1 2009, 04:07 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Jan 1 2009, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Awesome. Linked ya, Dugg, and Stumbled.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Out of that quote I think I know what awesome means.

So I started a &quot;serious&quot; Cubs blog - Clapp - 01-01-2009

<!--quoteo(post=8190:date=Jan 1 2009, 07:06 PM:name=Brock)-->QUOTE (Brock @ Jan 1 2009, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=8172:date=Jan 1 2009, 04:07 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Jan 1 2009, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Awesome. Linked ya, Dugg, and Stumbled.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Out of that quote I think I know what awesome means.
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] Translation: I put a link to his blog on my blog, I plugged his blog on the website Digg, and did the same on the website Stumble Upon.

So I started a &quot;serious&quot; Cubs blog - DaveB - 01-01-2009

Nice work Ace, enjoyed reading what I saw on there so far

<!--quoteo(post=8194:date=Jan 1 2009, 08:39 PM:name=DaveB)-->QUOTE (DaveB @ Jan 1 2009, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Nice work Ace, enjoyed reading what I saw on there so far<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thanks, Dave. I knew I liked you.

So I started a &quot;serious&quot; Cubs blog - Mikey - 01-02-2009

So, the real question is "Are we now going to be Sons of Ivy Powered by Brickyard, Bleacher Nation, and other Ace-driven moneymakers?" [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

So I started a &quot;serious&quot; Cubs blog - coolpoppa - 01-02-2009

I'll check it out and make fun of it in the near future.

So I started a &quot;serious&quot; Cubs blog - DaveB - 01-02-2009

Enjoyed the bit about Sullivan having Miles and Gathright in the opening day line-up and Lou drinking paint thinner, cracked me up.

And most importantly, seeing Bradley's numbers hitting clean-up is VERY encouraging.

<b>Hitting cleanup, Bradley takes off with a .331 batting average and .443 on base percentage </b>

That makes me even more excited for this signing, I think hes going to be a GREAT fit between D Lee and ARAM.