Sons of Ivy
Ticket prices, Spring Training, skating & more - Printable Version

+- Sons of Ivy (https://sonsofivy.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Chicago Cubs (https://sonsofivy.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: The Friendly Confines (https://sonsofivy.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Ticket prices, Spring Training, skating & more (/thread-6031.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Ticket prices, Spring Training, skating & more - Butcher - 12-14-2009

<!--quoteo(post=71629:date=Dec 14 2009, 04:28 PM:name=The Dude)-->QUOTE (The Dude @ Dec 14 2009, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->http://www.desipio.com/?p=2580<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I usually like Desipio, but I thought that was pretty weak.

Ticket prices, Spring Training, skating &amp; more - Mikey - 12-22-2009

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->12/19 Spring update - Mesa
Sat at 8:35am

Mesa city manager Chris Brady said a meeting Friday with Cubs officials went well and the team assured him that the Arizona city is still a serious candidate for its Spring Training site. The discussion went well enough that Mesa will likely spend $684,000 on improvements to Fitch Park, where the Cubs currently have their Spring Training headquarters.

The Cubs told Brady they will likely make a decision on whether they're going to move to Florida or stay in Arizona by mid January. On Monday this past week, the Naples, Fla., group got the Collier County community involved and launched their campaign, "Project Home Run."

-- Carrie Muskat<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ticket prices, Spring Training, skating &amp; more - jstraw - 12-22-2009

Why would they dump all that cash into the current facility when Ricketts has made it clear that what he wants will require a new facility even if they stay in Mesa? Or is Fitch Park not where Hohokam is?

Ticket prices, Spring Training, skating &amp; more - Butcher - 12-22-2009

<!--quoteo(post=72818:date=Dec 22 2009, 04:42 PM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ Dec 22 2009, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Why would they dump all that cash into the current facility when Ricketts has made it clear that what he wants will require a new facility even if they stay in Mesa? Or is Fitch Park not where Hohokam is?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Fitch park is just down the street from HoHoKam.

Ticket prices, Spring Training, skating &amp; more - Coach - 04-07-2010

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->darrenrovell1

Team Marketing Report: Avg. MLB ticket is $26.79. The highest avg ticket? The Cubs at $52.56.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ticket prices, Spring Training, skating &amp; more - Destined - 04-07-2010

<!--quoteo(post=86645:date=Apr 7 2010, 10:15 AM:name=Coach)-->QUOTE (Coach @ Apr 7 2010, 10:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->darrenrovell1

Team Marketing Report: Avg. MLB ticket is $26.79. The highest avg ticket? The Cubs at $52.56.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yup. Bleacher seats in LA and Anahiem start under $10. For the Cubs you can sit in the bleachers and pay $45.

Ticket prices, Spring Training, skating &amp; more - rok - 04-07-2010

At least in NY and Boston, when you get ripped off, you get a good product on the field. And especially Boston, given Fenway's smaller capacity and the area's higher cost of living, that should be by far the most expensive ticket on average. But I guess we'll pay whatever regardless of the quality of baseball out there. We are all suckers.

<!--quoteo(post=86650:date=Apr 7 2010, 10:41 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Apr 7 2010, 10:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->At least in NY and Boston, when you get ripped off, you get a good product on the field. And especially Boston, given Fenway's smaller capacity and the area's higher cost of living, that should be by far the most expensive ticket on average. But I guess we'll pay whatever regardless of the quality of baseball out there. We are all suckers.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
We're a sad breed of baseball masochists.

Ticket prices, Spring Training, skating &amp; more - Runnys - 04-07-2010

I haven't been to Wrigley since 2008. It is impossible to get tickets and the prices are insane. I have found it is much easier to get tickets to Cubs games in other locations. I am seeing them in Milwaukee on April 25th, it was much easier to get tickets to Milwaukee.

Ticket prices, Spring Training, skating &amp; more - Butcher - 04-07-2010

<!--quoteo(post=86659:date=Apr 7 2010, 12:55 PM:name=Runnys)-->QUOTE (Runnys @ Apr 7 2010, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->It is impossible to get tickets and the prices are insane.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
For the "big ticket games" (Cardinals, White Sox), you're right. But you can actually still get tickets to a lot of games from cubs.com. And there are people selling tickets for under face value on StubHub for the less desirable games (Nationals/Pirates).

Ticket prices, Spring Training, skating &amp; more - Clapp - 04-07-2010

Well, you get baseball and lots of comedy. I'd say it's a fair price.

You can get a ticket at Coors for $4 in the Rockpile, and it's easy to move around to awesome seats, or we usually just stand right above the end of the first level in the infield. Cheaper to get into the stadium than buy a beer.

<!--quoteo(post=86665:date=Apr 7 2010, 11:22 AM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Apr 7 2010, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Well, you get baseball and lots of comedy. I'd say it's a fair price.

You can get a ticket at Coors for $4 in the Rockpile, and it's easy to move around to awesome seats, or we usually just stand right above the end of the first level in the infield. Cheaper to get into the stadium than buy a beer.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Nice. I love when Artie Moreno took over the Angels, the first thing he did was lower beer prices.

Ticket prices, Spring Training, skating &amp; more - ruby23 - 04-07-2010

<!--quoteo(post=86663:date=Apr 7 2010, 01:02 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Apr 7 2010, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=86659:date=Apr 7 2010, 12:55 PM:name=Runnys)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Runnys @ Apr 7 2010, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->It is impossible to get tickets and the prices are insane.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
For the "big ticket games" (Cardinals, White Sox), you're right. But you can actually still get tickets to a lot of games from cubs.com. And there are people selling tickets for under face value on StubHub for the less desirable games (Nationals/Pirates).
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
It's not impossible for the big ticket games either. I went on the day they went on pre-sale and got tickets to 2 different Cards games (6 tickets) and a Sox game (4 tickets). All weekend games, all bleacher seats. I paid 15% over face value, but they're not impossible to get.

Ticket prices, Spring Training, skating &amp; more - rok - 04-07-2010

[Image: 25662_426614715897_343760075897_5306182_742370_n.jpg]
I'm not starting another thread for this, but I stole this pic from the WS Dreaming page. I don't think I like the looks of it at all. Looks corny.

Ticket prices, Spring Training, skating &amp; more - Brock - 04-07-2010

<!--quoteo(post=86659:date=Apr 7 2010, 12:55 PM:name=Runnys)-->QUOTE (Runnys @ Apr 7 2010, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I haven't been to Wrigley since 2008. It is impossible to get tickets and the prices are insane. I have found it is much easier to get tickets to Cubs games in other locations. I am seeing them in Milwaukee on April 25th, it was much easier to get tickets to Milwaukee.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The Brewers also jack up the prices for Cubs games in Milwaukee. It may be easier to get those tickets (and closer for you and me) but the tickets sure aren't any cheaper.