Sons of Ivy
Serious question... - Printable Version

+- Sons of Ivy (https://sonsofivy.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Chicago Cubs (https://sonsofivy.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: The Friendly Confines (https://sonsofivy.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Serious question... (/thread-5663.html)

Pages: 1 2

Serious question... - bz - 03-04-2010

Maybe we should move this to the baseball forum.

Serious question... - Butcher - 03-04-2010

<!--quoteo(post=81591:date=Mar 4 2010, 05:21 PM:name=bz)-->QUOTE (bz @ Mar 4 2010, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Maybe we should move this to the baseball forum.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Maybe.

Serious question... - AnnoCatuli - 03-04-2010

<!--quoteo(post=81030:date=Mar 1 2010, 05:01 AM:name=bz)-->QUOTE (bz @ Mar 1 2010, 05:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->If and when Vlad makes it to the HOF will you be mad that he makes it as an Expo?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I completely forgot about Vlad when they were talking about the Expos and remaining HOF players. I was only thinking of Tim Rock Raines

No, he became a start with the Expos.

The bigger question is if Clemens gets in. Red Sox or Yankees

Serious question... - kbwsb - 03-04-2010

<!--quoteo(post=81608:date=Mar 4 2010, 06:35 PM:name=AnnoCatuli)-->QUOTE (AnnoCatuli @ Mar 4 2010, 06:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=81030:date=Mar 1 2010, 05:01 AM:name=bz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bz @ Mar 1 2010, 05:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->If and when Vlad makes it to the HOF will you be mad that he makes it as an Expo?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I completely forgot about Vlad when they were talking about the Expos and remaining HOF players. I was only thinking of Tim Rock Raines
No, he became a start with the Expos.
The bigger question is if Clemens gets in. Red Sox or Yankees
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Vlad would definitely go in as an Expo. Indeed, his case is quite similar to Dawson's.
With Clemens, it's not even close; his best years were definitely with the Red Sox, that's where he made his name, that's where he won his MVP, etc.

Besides, he won Cy Youngs for both the Astros and the Blue Jays, so I don't see how the Yankees would even be in the discussion. (at least the HOF won't let it happen. As you've probably noticed, Clemens has campaigned to go in as a Yankee, which, to me, is just one more example of him being an asshole.)

It certainly will be a weird day when Clemens, Bonds, etc. all get voted on (didn't they retire the same time?) Will the steroid stuff have worn off at all by then? Those two are especially interesting cases, because they were 1st-ballot locks even <i>before</i> they took a single steroid.

Now they probably won't get in for decades.

Serious question... - ruby23 - 03-05-2010

In other news, the best thing about the 1994 strike was the fact that it stopped the White Sox from making a World Series run.

Serious question... - kbwsb - 03-05-2010

<!--quoteo(post=81635:date=Mar 4 2010, 10:35 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Mar 4 2010, 10:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->In other news, the best thing about the 1994 strike was the fact that it stopped the White Sox from making a World Series run.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Good point. Reinsdorf engineered the strike with his team in first place.