Sons of Ivy
American League Division Winner Predictions - Printable Version

+- Sons of Ivy (https://sonsofivy.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Chicago Cubs (https://sonsofivy.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: The Friendly Confines (https://sonsofivy.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: American League Division Winner Predictions (/thread-5512.html)

Pages: 1 2

American League Division Winner Predictions - biggz - 04-04-2010

Who's the joker that picked the Blue Jays?

American League Division Winner Predictions - kbwsb - 04-04-2010

Teams that could lose 100 games:
Blue Jays
Royals
Nats

maybe Pirates/Astros?

American League Division Winner Predictions - Destined - 04-04-2010

Anyone see that fan flipping off Swisher right in his face as he ran to get Youkilis' triple? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

American League Division Winner Predictions - ruby23 - 04-04-2010

I think the White Sox are gonna be real good.

American League Division Winner Predictions - jstraw - 04-04-2010

<!--quoteo(post=85855:date=Apr 4 2010, 09:30 PM:name=Destined)-->QUOTE (Destined @ Apr 4 2010, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Anyone see that fan flipping off Swisher right in his face as he ran to get Youkilis' triple? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yup.

American League Division Winner Predictions - jstraw - 04-04-2010

Neil Diamond's sport coat was fucking great.

American League Division Winner Predictions - ColoradoCub - 04-04-2010

The Yankees' bullpen kinda sucks

American League Division Winner Predictions - rok - 04-05-2010

<!--quoteo(post=85789:date=Apr 4 2010, 02:59 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Apr 4 2010, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=85784:date=Apr 4 2010, 01:25 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Apr 4 2010, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I don't understand what people see in the Tigers. They were a mess last season, and I don't see how they improved at all.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I like them a lot actually and think they win the division. They finished just 1 game out of 1st last year and 6.5 games ahead of the White Sox. They won't lose anything offensively in the Damon-Granderson change, added Valverde at closer, and have a very good 1-2 in Verlander and Porcello(just turned 21, 3.96 ERA last year, and has really opened eyes this spring).

I -loved- the trade with the D'backs. I think Scherzer's better than Edwin Jackson and they also added two other very good young arms in the trade. Then on offense, rookies Austin Jackson and Scott Sizemore are each two of the leading ROY candidates in the AL this year. Jackson's still a project, but Sizemore is expected to step right in and put up solid offensive numbers with 15+ homer ability immediately.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I guess I overlooked some of those moves. I still am interested to see how they perform after a bizarre season and with so many young players being asked to step up. Their rotation lacks depth IMO, and I'm always expecting Verlander to fall apart at some point. As long as they finish ahead of the Sox, that's fine by me.

American League Division Winner Predictions - Anna2010 - 04-05-2010

<!--quoteo(post=85834:date=Apr 4 2010, 07:22 PM:name=biggz)-->QUOTE (biggz @ Apr 4 2010, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Who's the joker that picked the Blue Jays?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Probably some bird brain [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img]

Yankees/Tigers/Angels

American League Division Winner Predictions - Destined - 04-08-2010

I've complained about this for years, and it's about time someone backed me up. Joe West said that the Sox & Yanks take forever to play and drag the games out, which is true. Their games ALWAYS go long.

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->The team's season opener on Sunday took 3:46 to play. Tuesday night's game went 3:48, while Wednesday night's contest, which went 10 innings, was finished in a relatively brisk 3:21.

"They're the two clubs that don't try to pick up the pace," said West, the chief of the umpiring crew working the three-game series, according to the report. "They're two of the best teams in baseball. Why are they playing the slowest?

"It's pathetic and embarrassing. They take too long to play," he said, according to the report.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Link

American League Division Winner Predictions - Butcher - 04-08-2010

Is it because they both have lineups full of guys that take a lot of pitches/walks? Or are they implying that they get out of the batters box and step off the mound more often? Because if it's the former, I'm not sure there's anything to be done about it.

American League Division Winner Predictions - Destined - 04-08-2010

<!--quoteo(post=87025:date=Apr 8 2010, 03:09 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Apr 8 2010, 03:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Is it because they both have lineups full of guys that take a lot of pitches/walks? Or are they implying that they get out of the batters box and step off the mound more often? Because if it's the former, I'm not sure there's anything to be done about it.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I think it's a combo of ESPN getting all of their sponsors in for those games, and the pitchers take forever to pitch which prompts the batters to step out. They take so long deciding what to throw like it's Game 7 of the WS, every single time, especially beyond the 5th inning. I can't watch those two player, I find both teams and the broadcast of their games utterly asinine.

American League Division Winner Predictions - Coach - 04-08-2010

Its part of the ump's job to move along the pace of the game.