Sons of Ivy
Ankiel For Putz? - Printable Version

+- Sons of Ivy (https://sonsofivy.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Chicago Cubs (https://sonsofivy.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: The Friendly Confines (https://sonsofivy.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Ankiel For Putz? (/thread-8274.html)

Pages: 1 2

Ankiel For Putz? - Clapp - 12-10-2008

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->A rival GM says the Cardinals have offered Rick Ankiel and a prospect to the Mariners for J.J. Putz, FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal reports.
It seems like the Cards are really pushing Ankiel. They could be prepared to turn center field over to Colby Rasmus even after declining to give Rasmus a September callup. The Tigers have been the most persistent suitors for Putz, but Ankiel's power has to intrigue the Mariners. The problem there is that he's only a year away from free agency. Dec. 10 - 3:08 pm et<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ankiel For Putz? - Ace - 12-10-2008

I don't know enough about Putz and his contract situation to know if that's a good deal for either side.

Ankiel For Putz? - Butcher - 12-10-2008

<!--quoteo(post=3458:date=Dec 10 2008, 05:20 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Dec 10 2008, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I don't know enough about Putz and his contract situation to know if that's a good deal for either side.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I actually think the Mariners are the winners in that deal.

Ankiel For Putz? - wcplummer - 12-10-2008

What about Ankiel in LF/CF for the cubs? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/pcb.gif[/img]

<!--quoteo(post=3511:date=Dec 10 2008, 06:57 PM:name=wcplummer)-->QUOTE (wcplummer @ Dec 10 2008, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->What about Ankiel in LF/CF for the cubs?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I don't know what we have to trade and they're not going to deal him to the team they're trying to catch.

Ankiel For Putz? - Croz - 12-10-2008

<!--quoteo(post=3511:date=Dec 10 2008, 06:57 PM:name=wcplummer)-->QUOTE (wcplummer @ Dec 10 2008, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->What about Ankiel in LF/CF for the cubs? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/pcb.gif[/img]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Fuck that...

Ankiel For Putz? - HTC - 12-10-2008

We have enough streaky hitters and I want no part of Ankiel in center.

Ankiel For Putz? - Captain - 12-10-2008

Pointless to even speculate.

just sayin'.
Carry on.

Well, maybe Putz is going to the Mets. Puts and K-Rod? Wow.
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Sources told FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal that the Mets could be close to landing J.J. Putz in a three-team deal also involving the Indians.
Rosenthal has Aaron Heilman, Endy Chavez, Mike Carp and Franklin Gutierrez in the deal, but doesn't know who is going where. We're guessing that Heilman would go to Cleveland as the return for Gutierrez, who would be penciled in as Seattle's center fielder. Chavez and Carp would likely go to Seattle as well. Chavez is no asset at his salary, but Carp is an intriguing first base prospect and Gutierrez has quite a bit of upside. It still doesn't seem like enough of a return for Putz. Dec. 10 - 9:07 pm et[<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ankiel For Putz? - wcplummer - 12-10-2008

<!--quoteo(post=3535:date=Dec 10 2008, 07:28 PM:name=Captain)-->QUOTE (Captain @ Dec 10 2008, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Pointless to even speculate.

just sayin'.
Carry on.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Along with much of what we talk about here.

Ankiel For Putz? - Giff - 12-11-2008

<!--quoteo(post=3578:date=Dec 10 2008, 08:46 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Dec 10 2008, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Well, maybe Putz is going to the Mets. Puts and K-Rod? Wow.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->Sources told FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal that the Mets could be close to landing J.J. Putz in a three-team deal also involving the Indians.
Rosenthal has Aaron Heilman, Endy Chavez, Mike Carp and Franklin Gutierrez in the deal, but doesn't know who is going where. We're guessing that Heilman would go to Cleveland as the return for Gutierrez, who would be penciled in as Seattle's center fielder. Chavez and Carp would likely go to Seattle as well. Chavez is no asset at his salary, but Carp is an intriguing first base prospect and Gutierrez has quite a bit of upside. It still doesn't seem like enough of a return for Putz. Dec. 10 - 9:07 pm et[<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
It's official, Putz is a Met.
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->The New York Mets obtained J.J. Putz from Seattle on Wednesday night as part of a three-team, 12-player trade that gives them a set-up man for new closer Francisco Rodriguez.

New York dealt seven players -- six to the Mariners and one to Cleveland -- to get three back in a huge swap at baseball's winter meetings.

The Mets shipped reliever Aaron Heilman, outfielder Endy Chavez, lefty Jason Vargas and three minor leaguers to the Mariners for Putz, center fielder Jeremy Reed and reliever Sean Green in the first trade by new Seattle general manager Jack Zduriencik.

Promising outfielder Franklin Gutierrez was sent from the Indians to Seattle. Cleveland gets reliever Joe Smith from the Mets and 23-year-old second baseman Luis Valbuena from Seattle.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->The three minor leaguers New York sent to Seattle were first baseman Mike Carp, right-hander Maikel Cleto and outfielder Ezequiel Carrera.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
link(ESPN)

Ankiel For Putz? - Clapp - 12-11-2008

Geez. They still need some consistent starting pitching, but that's going to be a helluva bullpen. I see Franklin Gutierrez is going to Seattle, I like him a lot.

Ankiel For Putz? - dk123 - 12-11-2008

It's ironic that they would trade one putz for another.

Ankiel For Putz? - Destined - 12-11-2008

Zduriencik is trying to turn the Mariners into the Brewers by trading away vets to build a strong farm system and a core of young guns. Just like when the Brewers got rid of Sexon, Overbay, and Pods. Don't count on the M's to do anything for another 5 years, especially with that horrific signing of that "Japanese" manager. Johjima, Silva and Bedard are next.
As for the Metz, Putz and KRod make them look SCARY. I like it. The Mets almost look like the team to beat in the NL right now, and that's good. Get the pressure off Lou and the boys. Give the Mets their limelight.

Ankiel For Putz? - Clapp - 12-11-2008

<!--quoteo(post=3623:date=Dec 11 2008, 01:22 AM:name=CD2W)-->QUOTE (CD2W @ Dec 11 2008, 01:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Zduriencik is trying to turn the Mariners into the Brewers by trading away vets to build a strong farm system and a core of young guns. Just like when the Brewers got rid of Sexon, Overbay, and Pods. Don't count on the M's to do anything for another 5 years, especially with that horrific signing of that "Japanese" manager. Johjima, Silva and Bedard are next.
As for the Metz, Putz and KRod make them look SCARY. I like it. The Mets almost look like the team to beat in the NL right now, and that's good. Get the pressure off Lou and the boys. Give the Mets their limelight.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yeah they're a playoff team in 08 with these two guys. It's incredible how many games they blew. Their rotation is still a question mark, but they'll score enough runs and theyre 8th-9th innings are set now. Scary team for sure. And they're still gonna add a bat. I'll be filthy pissed if it's Ibanez.