Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
These upcoming horror movies may not end up sucking
I'm pleased to report that Evil Dead Rise was excellent. I might even go back for a second viewing.
I really need to get my ass to the theater to see it.

Also, has anyone watched The Offering on Hulu? Getting a lot of buzz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I haven't heard of it. Adding it to my list...
Talk to Me was quite good. The writers really understand the teenage mind and the kids in the movie were well-developed and well-written. Good tension throughout. It wasn't a perfect movie, but I really enjoyed it. 4/5 stars.
(09-14-2023, 01:51 PM)Butcher Wrote: Talk to Me was quite good. The writers really understand the teenage mind and the kids in the movie were well-developed and well-written. Good tension throughout. It wasn't a perfect movie, but I really enjoyed it. 4/5 stars.
Late to this, but this was pretty good for a modern horror movie. Any other recommendations?
(10-27-2023, 11:34 AM)funkster Wrote:
(09-14-2023, 01:51 PM)Butcher Wrote: Talk to Me was quite good. The writers really understand the teenage mind and the kids in the movie were well-developed and well-written. Good tension throughout. It wasn't a perfect movie, but I really enjoyed it. 4/5 stars.
Late to this, but this was pretty good for a modern horror movie.  Any other recommendations?

I haven't seen any great horror since this one. I was hoping the new Exorcist would be good, but I'm passing on it since it got absolutely panned.

I watched The Hole in the Ground the other night and it was pretty decent. Some creepy parts, for sure. Worth a viewing.

I'm going to not be seeing Five Nights at Freddy's. LOL
Side note: not a horror movie, obviously, but I liked Killers of the Flower Moon a lot.
Definitely need to get my butt to a theater to see it soon. Recently saw A Haunting in Venice and thought it was just ok from a murder mystery/horror aspect, but very entertaining. Also saw The Creator (more sci-fi) and that it kinda sucked. Good FX but a very flawed story plus corny acting. I’m really out of touch with modern horror these days.

(10-27-2023, 01:09 PM)rok Wrote: Definitely need to get my butt to a theater to see it soon. Recently saw A Haunting in Venice and thought it was just ok from a murder mystery/horror aspect, but very entertaining. Also saw The Creator (more sci-fi) and that it kinda sucked. Good FX but a very flawed story plus corny acting. I’m really out of touch with modern horror these days.

I thought the previews for The Creator looked pretty good, but not good enough to get me to a theater. A Haunting in Venice didn't intrigue me at all, but mostly because I'm sort of bored of Kenneth Branaugh's schtick.
My GF dragged me to the theater for the former, so that’s my excuse at least. I think I’ve been to theater 4 times all year, and have been let down each time. These are not great cinematic times, but maybe that’s just a middle-aged white guy talking.

Unrelated -- I'm not sure why, but I keep having to approve your posts, rok. lol
Yep. Totally weird. It keeps telling me that my post will appear once approved, which is odd because I CREATED THIS DAMN THREAD!

What the hell? Lol i just had to go approve it too...
(10-27-2023, 12:31 PM)Butcher Wrote: Side note: not a horror movie, obviously, but I liked Killers of the Flower Moon a lot.
Saw it Sunday at the Imax on western, loved it of course...but I'm biased.

Am i nuts or did i see a similar movie to five nights of freddy that was a bmovie starring Nicholas Cage who was fighting haunted Showbiz Pizza robots?
You aren’t crazy. It’s called Willy’s Wonderland.