Sons of Ivy

Full Version: 2022 Postseason
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Cardinals blow a shutout and give up 6 in the 9th.

Happy Friday.
Cards suck

That is all
Seeing cards fans walk out in the top of the 9th really made my day.
Maybe the Mets should have started deGrom this evening for Game 1 of the series
And just like that...poof.

That Toronto implosion was quite something as well. Seattle is a fun team.
In the battle of ‘improve at trading deadline or not’ series, Padres are victorious

Let the Mets spending on the offseason commence
Guardian pitching - sorry - Cleveland pitching or Yankees lack of offense and timely Cleveland bats.

Great walk off victory for Cleveland

Still processing the Padres beating the Dodgers

Dodgers were 0-20 with runners in scoring position at one point in this series. Never imagined the Dodgers offense in a playoff series doing their best impersonation of the Cubs offense
Man the last 2 games in SD were so fun to watch, to see LA's season go down in flames was pretty cool. Petco was going absolutely crazy--had no idea that place could get that loud.

My wife's family being from there made it even cooler (she and her brother, who got a baseball scholarship to play for Duke, went to the same HS as Musgrove).
It would be wild if the Phillies win it all. I don’t know if they can hang with either AL team, but it would be pretty fun to see them pull off a massive upset.
From the Athletic Jayson Stark’s column reviewing Schwarber’s massive HR:

“From the pitcher who gave it up, Yu Darvish, on his former Cubs teammate, Schwarber: “He’s a friend of mine, and every time we meet, we greet each other and all that. But next time I meet him, I might have to punch him.”’

Yu’s pretty damn funny.

Yup, those 2 guys used to look good in Cub uniforms …
I haven't been paying attention. Are any of the players we got in return for Darvish going to be worth a damn? And it will forever be mind boggling that Jed non-tendered Schwarber.
Owen Caissie raked the second half of the season after a cold start and Preciado got hurt, they're both only 20 years old.

The Schwarber thing is a massive shit sandwich. And speaking of prospects, prepare for Jackson Chourio who looks to be an absolute stud for the Brewers. 18 and has a very good chance of being the number one prospect in baseball by the end of next year.
Fucking Brewers...
Let's hope the Phillies have one more upset in them...
Haven’t met a single person - outside of Houstonians - who wants the Astros to win
Pages: 1 2