Sons of Ivy

Full Version: SOI v. the LLWS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
In light of . . . recent discussions about the prowess of an SOI-staffed baseball team taking on a team in the Majors, I was curious:

would a team of SOI'ers beat the best little league world series team in the world?
<!--quoteo(post=59825:date=Aug 24 2009, 09:22 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Aug 24 2009, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->In light of . . . recent discussions about the prowess of an SOI-staffed baseball team taking on a team in the Majors, I was curious:

would a team of SOI'ers beat the best little league world series team in the world?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
<!--quoteo(post=59825:date=Aug 24 2009, 09:22 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Aug 24 2009, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->In light of . . . recent discussions about the prowess of an SOI-staffed baseball team taking on a team in the Majors, I was curious:

would a team of SOI'ers beat the best little league world series team in the world?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/popcorn.gif[/img]
Can we recruit Danny Almonte first?

Honestly, I think it would be close the first time through our lineup, but the second time I think we would dominate their pitching. We would have to adjust to the mound only being 40 feet away, but once we got that timing down it wouldn't even be close. From 40 feet there are some of us on the site that would probably be throwing the equivalent of over 100 MPH from 40 feet.

I think we would dominate the little 12 year olds!

The real question...could the best little league team in the world beat the 2009 Chicago Cubs?
I think they would beat us, but it would be a nailbiter.
Would the game be played on a standard field or a little league sized field? Also would we get to use regular metal bats or would we have to use tiny little league bats?

Do we also get to dance with that giant chipmunk mascot?
I am coming up and in first pitch. You gotta plant a little seed of doubt in those cocky little fuckers heads.
They are 12 year olds. We would fucking kill them.
<!--quoteo(post=59845:date=Aug 24 2009, 10:03 PM:name=Croz)-->QUOTE (Croz @ Aug 24 2009, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->They are 12 year olds. We would fucking kill them.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm not following it much, but at around 5:30pm I was at Champs and a game was on, I don't know what team it was but there is no way the big moose pitching was 12 years old. And he was wild as shit, nailed a couple of kids on the other team, and his catcher needed a step ladder to talk to him. We'd have to take this kid out the hard way.
I think we'd score 30+ runs an inning.
<!--quoteo(post=59840:date=Aug 24 2009, 07:41 PM:name=stevestonescigar)-->QUOTE (stevestonescigar @ Aug 24 2009, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I am coming up and in first pitch. You gotta plant a little seed of doubt in those cocky little fuckers heads.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/spit.gif[/img]
Are Miles, Font, Fuld and Theriot on this team?
I bet those LL kids would crap their pants when facing us.
<!--quoteo(post=59840:date=Aug 24 2009, 10:41 PM:name=stevestonescigar)-->QUOTE (stevestonescigar @ Aug 24 2009, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I am coming up and in first pitch. You gotta plant a little seed of doubt in those cocky little fuckers heads.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5