Sons of Ivy

Full Version: Nothing like fun at the old crack house...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I am shocked and appalled that something like this would happen at U.S. Cellular! Oh who am I kidding? Sounds about right.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columni...urce=feedburner
If that's the story about the White Sox fan that threw a bottle over the railing and security tried to arrest a Cub fan instead, then colour me shocked as well.
<!--quoteo(post=87502:date=Apr 9 2010, 12:36 PM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 9 2010, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->If that's the story about the White Sox fan that threw a bottle over the railing and security tried to arrest a Cub fan instead, then colour me shocked as well.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It's not. It's about people fucking in the bathroom on opening day.
<!--quoteo(post=87503:date=Apr 9 2010, 02:37 PM:name=vegascub)-->QUOTE (vegascub @ Apr 9 2010, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=87502:date=Apr 9 2010, 12:36 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 9 2010, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->If that's the story about the White Sox fan that threw a bottle over the railing and security tried to arrest a Cub fan instead, then colour me shocked as well.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Oh....well the only thing that wouldn't shock me about that is if you told me they weren't related.
Yeah, but if that woulda happy at that dump called Wrigley, it woulda been two dudes humping each other in the bathroom. Fags! Southside rules! Wrigleyville is for queers!

I totally expect to here this exact phrase in the near future.
BTW, that link has the word 'taint' in it.
hah! "apparantly female"
<!--quoteo(post=87513:date=Apr 9 2010, 12:50 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Apr 9 2010, 12:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Yeah, but if that woulda happy at that dump called Wrigley, it woulda been two dudes humping each other in the bathroom. Fags! Southside rules! Wrigleyville is for queers!

I totally expect to here this exact phrase in the near future.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah I heard the, "at least we don't play in the world's biggest gay bar", line the other day.
<!--quoteo(post=87520:date=Apr 9 2010, 02:56 PM:name=vegascub)-->QUOTE (vegascub @ Apr 9 2010, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=87513:date=Apr 9 2010, 12:50 PM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Apr 9 2010, 12:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Yeah, but if that woulda happy at that dump called Wrigley, it woulda been two dudes humping each other in the bathroom. Fags! Southside rules! Wrigleyville is for queers!

I totally expect to here this exact phrase in the near future.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah I heard the, "at least we don't play in the world's biggest gay bar", line the other day.

Did you respond with "Yeah, well at least we DO!"?
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Mr. Kass,

I read your article about the Sox and Sex, and came upon one of the most moronic remarks I've ever heard. "Nemeth is still a Sox fan. And he'll do the right thing and raise his son to be a Sox fan. He won't scar the boy for life by taking him to Wrigley Field until the child is of the age of reason."

Can you please offer an explanation?

Because it would only make logical sense that an ethical and intelligent parent would likely steer clear of US Cellular Field, well before he or she skips out on Wrigley. "The Cell", is known for a father and son running onto the field and attacking an umpire in the middle of the game, and having a team in the Sox who's manager uses the most foul and obscene language on public record.

Please explain to me the rationale for scarring a boy for life by taking him to the North Side, rather than a South Side park in a poor neighborhood with numerous immoral shenanigans going on.

Any response would be much appreciated and I am looking forward to you shedding the light on your wisdom.

Thanks,

MC<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Kass is a long time Sox fan- putting down the Cubs is just part of his shtick. Saying the Cubs will scar children is clearly tongue and cheek and responding to him just makes us look petty.

IMHO.
<!--quoteo(post=87539:date=Apr 9 2010, 03:23 PM:name=The Dude)-->QUOTE (The Dude @ Apr 9 2010, 03:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Kass is a long time Sox fan- putting down the Cubs is just part of his shtick. Saying the Cubs will scar children is clearly tongue and cheek and responding to him just makes us look petty.

IMHO.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Still, you have to love the irony of going out of his way to put down the Cubs by saying Wrigley field would scar a child for life... as he reports about a child got who got scarred for life by seeing two dirtbags bumping uglys in a bathroom in the Cell.
<!--quoteo(post=87525:date=Apr 9 2010, 01:04 PM:name=Destined)-->QUOTE (Destined @ Apr 9 2010, 01:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->Mr. Kass,

I read your article about the Sox and Sex, and came upon one of the most moronic remarks I've ever heard. "Nemeth is still a Sox fan. And he'll do the right thing and raise his son to be a Sox fan. He won't scar the boy for life by taking him to Wrigley Field until the child is of the age of reason."

Can you please offer an explanation?

Because it would only make logical sense that an ethical and intelligent parent would likely steer clear of US Cellular Field, well before he or she skips out on Wrigley. "The Cell", is known for a father and son running onto the field and attacking an umpire in the middle of the game, and having a team in the Sox who's manager uses the most foul and obscene language on public record.

Please explain to me the rationale for scarring a boy for life by taking him to the North Side, rather than a South Side park in a poor neighborhood with numerous immoral shenanigans going on.

Any response would be much appreciated and I am looking forward to you shedding the light on your wisdom.

Thanks,

MC<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/spit.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/spit.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/spit.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/spit.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/spit.gif[/img]

He wrote back.

<!--QuoteBegin-John Kass+-->QUOTE (John Kass)<!--QuoteEBegin-->I'm afraid you'll kick my eye out, or shoot me, as others of your kind have done<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Uh what? It's amazing how selective their memory is. That's quite an intelligent response.
<!--quoteo(post=87505:date=Apr 9 2010, 03:39 PM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 9 2010, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=87503:date=Apr 9 2010, 02:37 PM:name=vegascub)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vegascub @ Apr 9 2010, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=87502:date=Apr 9 2010, 12:36 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Apr 9 2010, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->If that's the story about the White Sox fan that threw a bottle over the railing and security tried to arrest a Cub fan instead, then colour me shocked as well.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Oh....well the only thing that wouldn't shock me about that is if you told me they weren't related.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
Pages: 1 2 3